Registration of Returning FCCPS Students for School Year 2023-24
For all students who will be attending FCCPS in 2023-24, parents must verify family information through the “registration” process.
Top 10 reasons that FCCPS needs parents to “register” as soon as possible.
1. Contact Information: It is crucial that each student and family has updated contact information.
2. Number of Students: FCCPS needs to know how many kids are coming back, so that the right number of employees are in the right places.
3. Class Assignments and Course Registration: It is better to make class assignments when all students are registered.
4. Transportation Routes: Bus routes depend on where students live, so the sooner this information is in the database, the better the bus routes will be.
5. Technology Setup: Technology staff need to set up the right number of iPads and laptops for all students.
6. Supplies: It is important to have just the right number of chairs, books, technology subscriptions, etc.
7. Sports: Students in grades 8-12 who play a school-based VHSL sport, at either Meridian High School or Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School, are required to be fully registered before they start participating in practice.
8. Verifying Medical Information: Having the most current health information for students is essential to student safety.
9. Verify Falls Church Residency: FCCPS needs time to ensure that everyone attending our schools lives within City boundaries.
10. Online Permission Setup: Students need to be set up for success in PowerSchool, Schoology, and other technology platforms before school starts.
Plan to spend approximately 30 minutes for the first child, and 20 minutes for each additional child.
Collect needed materials and information prior to logging in.
Read each question carefully and fill out information completely.
Some information will be pre-populated, however, it still needs to be verified by the parent.
If you have two or more students, complete each registration individually. Much of the information will populate for the rest of the family.
Reach out to FCCPS with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s work together to register 90% of returning students by June 16!
If you have general registration questions, please contact email@example.com
If you have specific school-related questions, please contact the registrar at your child's school below:
Jessie Thackrey Preschool — Pre-Kindergarten
Registrar: Brannon McLaughlin
Mount Daniel Elementary — Kindergarten - 2nd Grade
Registrar: Nora Pishner
Oak Street Elementary — 3rd - 5th Grade
Registrar: Sue Armstrong
Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School — 6th - 8th Grade
Registrar: Lakisha Talbert
Meridian High School — 9th - 12th Grade
Registrar: Lynette Kemp