THE FOLLOWING REGISTRATION PROCESS ONLY PERTAINS TO STUDENTS REGISTERING NEW TO FALLS CHURCH CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS. THIS PROCESS IS NOT REQUIRED FOR STUDENTS TRANSITIONING FROM THOMAS JEFFERSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.
Due to the potential class placement testing, MEH does not facilitate same-day registrations. Students will start the day following their registration appointment.
STEP 1: ONLINE REGISTRATION
Once you have obtained residency in Falls Church City, proceed to the FCCPS Online Enrollment page and complete the address verification and registration form. Your submission will be reviewed by the Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School registrar and, once approved, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
- The online registration form must be completed and approved before an enrollment appointment may be scheduled
- All required registration documents (listed below) are able to be electronically submitted when you fill out the online registration form. Please scan these required documents and upload them or email them to Karina Avila in order to expedite the subsequent enrollment appointment process.
STEP 2: MEH ENROLLMENT APPOINTMENT
Student and Parent Attendance Required! Once you have completed Step 1 above and received your approval email from the MEH Registrar, you may email Karina Avila, or call (703) 720-5706, to schedule your enrollment appointment. Below lists in detail what will be required from you at the enrollment appointment. During the month of July, all appointments must be coordinated through the MEH Main Office at (703) 720-5703.
- If you do not have all of the documents and immunizations that are required, you will not be able to register and will be asked to reschedule your appointment
- Please note that Mary Ellen Henderson's registration requirements and practices may be different from those of other FCCPS schools. What is required and/or allowable at one school many not be at MDES, TJES or GMHS
REQUIRED REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS:
Please note that in order to expedite the enrollment appointment process, you are able to submit electronic copies of the required documents while filling out the online registration form. Or, you may email the documents to Karina Avila at any time.
Proof of Birth: An original birth certificate is required (copies not accepted)
- If a birth certificate is not available, an affidavit with substantiating documentation is required.
- The legal name of the student as shown on the original birth certificate will be entered in the student record.
- Changes to an original birth certificate must be supported by a court document.
Proof of Residence: Property Deed (settlement papers) with current utility bill or Rental Lease with current utility bill (Utility bills may include: power, water, gas; phone bills not accepted)
- The student must be accompanied by the person with whom he/she lives at the time of enrollment, either a parent or a court-appointed guardian or legal custodian. The accompanying adult may be required to present photo identification.
- If the family is living in the residence of a friend/relative, the homeowner/leaseholder must provide a notarized affidavit and his/her lease or deed. An affidavit by the student's parent stating temporary residence is also required.
- Parents must notify the school when their home address changes and provide proof of their new residence. If families move out of Falls Church City, children are no longer eligible to attend Falls Church City Public Schools (FCCPS).
- Physical presence of the parent in the residence of the child is required for tuition-free enrollment in FCCPS. A change in enrollment status may be necessary if a parent initially enrolls the student but leaves Falls Church City.
Previous K-12 School Records:
- Grades to the date of withdrawal...
- National, state and standardized testing records (SOL’s, etc.)...
- Any ESOL, Gifted, SPED, 504 records...
Health and Immunization Records: