- We recognize the hardship some families may have should school closures be extended for more than 3-days. We have many families who participate in our “back-pack” food distribution program and rely on this service to supplement their child’s nutrition.
- All families who qualify for the federal Free/Reduced Meals Program will receive a two-week supply of non-perishable foods upon our closure.
- We will hold a distribution event through our FCCPS Family Resource Center at Thomas Jefferson Elementary. Should a family not be able to pick up their package of food, FCCPS staff and volunteers will help to deliver the packages. Families should contact their school’s Social Worker for support in this area.
- Additional support will be provided to families in need to help assist them with preparedness as well. Again families in need should reach out to their school social worker for support in this area.
- The information for each school is below:
Jessie Thackrey Preschool: Robin Borum, Social Worker
Mount Daniel Elementary School: Susan Sinclair, Social Worker
Thomas Jefferson Elementary School: Robin Borum, Social Worker
Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School: Colleen Hoover, Social Worker
George Mason High School: Ghada Khalaf, Social Worker