For the smoothest registration please note the following:
- We do not accept walk-in registrations (see step 1 below).
- Steps one and two MUST be completed in order to register your student(s), if they are not, a new appointment will need to be scheduled.
- Please verify that your address falls in the City limits at the Falls Church City Real Estate Assessments Mapping site; there is Falls Church, City Proper and Falls Church, Fairfax County.
- Please copy the required documents BEFORE you come for your appointment.
- Supply lists are available under the Registration Menu.
- Summer appointments during July and August only.
Registrations are completed by appointment only (703-248-5661). If you are enrolling during the school year, the student will be able to start school the day AFTER the appointment in which all documents are received. To enroll a student, a parent or legal guardian with whom the student resides must appear in person and provide:
1. A photo ID (may be requested)
2. Proof of Residency
Original documentation of the street address or route number of the child's residence must be provided. At least two original documents are required and additional documents may be requested. Acceptable documents are:
- If the residence is rented, a current, complete, fully-executed lease agreement* Residents with a month-to-month lease agreement are required to submit all future lease extensions
- If the residence is owned, a Deed*, or Deed of Trust* with a current utility bill* (only gas, water or electric utility bills will be accepted) which shows the parent/legal guardian name and street address
*Please provide a photocopy of these documents to be kept in your student's file.
- If the student is living with his/her parent/legal guardian in the home of another Falls Church City resident, the homeowner/lease holder must submit a notarized affidavit with original proof of residency documentation as listed above.
In addition to the primary documents identified above, FCCPS staff may also request parents to provide additional documents if the evidence of the child's residence is inconclusive. Additional documents may include current: voter registration cards, bill payment coupons, telephone or cable service bills, state income tax forms, business licenses, personal property tax returns, state issued professional licenses, forms filed for government benefits, drivers' licenses.
Parents will be required to confirm residency in the fall of each school year by completing the FCCPS residency verification form.
If a child has no regular, fixed residence but resides within the school division in a temporary shelter, institution, or place not ordinarily used as a residence, FCCPS may accept an alternative form of address that is considered appropriate by school officials.
3. Birth Certificate
- An official certified copy* of the child's birth record must be presented.
*In addition, please provide a photocopy to be kept in your student's file.
4. Health Documentation
- Commonwealth of Virginia School Entrance Health Form MCH-213 F, certificate of physical examination completed by a licensed physician, licensed nurse practitioner or licensed physician's assistant within the twelve months prior to the date the child first enters a U. S. public kindergarten or elementary school. The physical examination report must be complete, include results of required screenings, and Certification of Immunization including complete dates (month, day, year).
- Falls Church City Public Schools has the following tuberculosis screening requirements which must be officially documented:
- Negative PPD or negative chest x-ray within 90 days prior to registration for all students who have resided in a foreign country for five or more consecutive months over the last five years (except for Canada, Western Europe, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Any positive PPD requires a negative chest x-ray
6. Documentation of previous educational program
- School records and/or original transcripts are required of secondary students. It is also recommended to provide records for elementary school enrollment. Recent period of non-school attendance must be accounted for. If a translated document is submitted, the original document in the original language must also be supplied.
Step Two: (must be completed before appointment time):
Click on this link to access INFOSNAP. This will take you to our online registration site to fill out all introductory information.