6th Grader Malaika Pasch broke the MEHMS Girl's FitnessGram PACER Test record today in PE class.
Reaching 105, she broke the previous girl's record of 102 and was only five away from breaking the all-time MEHMS record for both boys and girls at 110!
The PACER (Progressive Aerobic Cardiovascular Endurance Run) is a multi-stage fitness test adapted from the 20-meter shuttle run. The test is progressive in intensity - it is easy at the beginning and gets harder at the end. (FitnessGram.net)
<Photo by Megan Schlitt>
Congratulations to Mary Klemic and Annette Schlitt for placing 3rd in the Group Web Site category at the National History Day State Competition this past weekend in Williamsburg, VA.
The theme for this year's competition was, "Turning Points in History: People, Ideas, Events".
Klemic and Schlitt created a web site about the Ford Model T. You can view their web site here.
Congratulations to all of our Huskies who participated in the State competition: Adwoa Ankuma, Kaitlyn Bruno, Angela Dilao, Grace Johnson, Meredith Johnson, Mary Klemic, Meghan Murphy, Annette Schlitt, and Olivia Taliaferro.
Congratulations to our 5th grade Odyssey of the Mind Team who represented Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School at the State competition! The team placed 4th in the State.
Way to go, Rosie Tombul, Elisa D'Agastino, Isabel Davis, Gabriella Stevens, Neha Bagalkot, and Jo Sevier!
Odyssey of the Mind is a unique problem solving activity where students work in teams of no more than seven to devise creative skits and solutions to a given problem.
- FACS Q3 Husky Chef Winners Announced
- Good Luck, Cooper McGuire!
- Extra, Extra! Read All About It: Centrum Septum!
- Character Education Spotlight: Caring
- 2012 Edition of the Flaming Pen Released
- Open Kitchen in the MEHMS FACS Classroom
- MEH Students Place at Regional Science Fair
- Honk! Jr. - The Musical! Photo Gallery
- MEH/GM Students Compete at NHD Competition
- It's Opening Night! Honk! Jr. the Musical
- Character Ed. Spotlight: International Mindedness
- VIDEO: Husky Chef Winners Prepare Lunch