Official enrollment at Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School (MEH) for the year 2012-13 is OPEN and has 2 steps: Online Registration and an Enrollment Appointment with your child’s counselor.
Registration for the 2013-2014 school year is NOT available at this time.
MEH does not do same-day registrations. Students will start the day following their registration appointment.
STEP 1: ONLINE REGISTRATION
Once you have obtained residency in Falls Church City, proceed to the FCCPS Online Enrollment page and complete the address verification and registration “short-form.” Your submission will be reviewed by the Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School registrar and, once approved, a Snapcode will be sent to you via email. This snapcode enables you to complete the second piece of online registration, called our "long-form." Once this long-form submission has been completed and approved, two final emails will be sent to you; a confirmation of completion and a requirements checklist for the enrollment appointment.
- The long-form must be completed and approved before an enrollment appointment may be scheduled
- A hard copy the registration is available upon request for those not choosing to complete the steps online; Also available in Spanish
STEP 2: MEH ENROLLMENT APPOINTMENT
- If you do not have all of the documents and immunizations that are required, you will not be able to register and will be asked to reschedule your appointment
- Please note that Mary Ellen Henderson's registration requirements and practices may be different from those of other FCCPS schools. What is required and/or allowable at one school many not be at MDES, TJES or GMHS
REQUIRED REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS:
Proof of Birth: An original birth certificate is required (copies not accepted)
- If a birth certificate is not available, an affidavit with substantiating documentation is required.
- The legal name of the student as shown on the original birth certificate will be entered in the student record.
- Changes to an original birth certificate must be supported by a court document.
Proof of Residence: Property Deed (settlement papers) with current utility bill (phone bill not accepted) or Rental Lease
- The student must be accompanied by the person with whom he/she lives at the time of enrollment, either a parent or a court-appointed guardian or legal custodian. The accompanying adult may be required to present photo identification.
- If the family is living in the residence of a friend/relative, the homeowner/leaseholder must provide a notarized affidavit and his/her lease or deed. An affidavit by the student's parent stating temporary residence is also required.
- Parents must notify the school when their home address changes and provide proof of their new residence. If families move out of Falls Church City, children are no longer eligible to attend Falls Church City Public Schools (FCCPS).
- Physical presence of the parent in the residence of the child is required for tuition-free enrollment in FCCPS. A change in enrollment status may be necessary if a parent initially enrolls the student but leaves Falls Church City.
Previous K-12 School Records:
- Grades to the date of withdrawal...
- National, state and standardized testing records (SOL’s, etc.)...
- Any ESL, SPED, 504 records...