If your student will be ABSENT or TARDY, please contact the MEHMS Attendance Office by phone or email.
Absences and tardies for the following reasons will be excused:
- Illness verified by parent/guardian or doctor. If the absence is longer than three days a doctor's note is required to be turned in to the attendance office.
- Pre-arranged absences consistent with the regulation issued by Superintendent
- Death in the family
- Observance of a religious holiday
- Doctor or dental appointment
- Extreme famly emergency
Absences and tardies for the following reasons will be unexcused:
- Missing the bus
- Transportation problems
- Absence with parent/guardian permision but for reasons not on the excused list
- Non-school related activities
- Unapproved trips
- Child care situations
How to Pre-Arrange an Absences
Pre-arranged absences are consistent with the regulation issued by the Superintendent.
- Absences of ONE or TWO consecutive days require at least 2 days advance notice to the attendance office. The note must state the reason(s) for absence.
- Absences of THREE consecutive days or more requires administrative approval. A parent/guardian needs to submit a pre-arranged absence form to the attendance office as far in advance as possible, but NO LESS THAN THREE DAYS PRIOR TO THE ABSENCES.
Make-up work cannot substitute for missed classroom experience.
- If a student is absent for one day, he/she should get their assignments from their teachers
- If a student is absent for three or more days, assignments can be requested through the attendance office
- If a student has been approved for a pre-arranged absence, the student is responsible to for getting his/her assignments from their teachers beforehand
For early pick-up, an adult must come to the front office to sign out the student. If the adult is not a parent, guardian, or emergency contact, prior notification to the front office is required. The adult will also need to provide picture identification to the front office staff.