Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School is in need of Career Fair volunteers! (If you registered for the Career Fair prior to the winter storm that canceled the event, PLEASE RE-REGISTER!)
All MEHMS students will participate in the 2015 MEHMS Career Fair on April 30. Students will travel around our gymnasium to speak with volunteers who will be organized in 16 National Career Clusters. If bad weather occurs causing a delay in school or cancellation, we will reschedule the Career Fair for the following day.
Volunteers will need to fill out the Volunteer Information Form, in addition to the Career Fair registration. Volunteers do not need to be parents of any FCCPS students. There are many participants that are part of the Business in Education (BIE) Partnership, as well as friends, parents, spouses, etc.
We want to show our students there are many ways to use their talents and interests in the future. Please consider volunteering for Career Fair and share your profession with our Huskies!
You know the music by heart, now come see it live! Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School (MEHMS) is proud to present a musical performance of Disney's The Little Mermaid, Jr. Performances will be , , and , . Showtime at http://www.mehms.my-pta.org/content.asp?PageID=6 or may be purchased on the day of the show after in the MEHMS lobby. Our student actors have been hard a work for months, and you won't want to miss the magical results of their efforts. Tickets can be purchased online in advance of the show by clicking this link
The Virginia Middle School Association is taking nominations for outstanding middle school teachers. The criteria set by VMSA includes;
- Enthusiastic about teaching young adolescents
- Currently teaching middle level students in a VMSA-member school
- Serves as an educational leader / role model
- Promotes developmental responsiveness and social equity for all students
- Models effective middle level practices, such as : • Using data to differentiate instruction to meet individual needs • Incorporating a variety of strategies, including active learning • Promoting critical thinking and problem-solving skills • Providing a safe and healthy affective environment • Assessing learning using multiple means • Providing interdisciplinary learning experiences • Building relationships with students and families.
If you would like to nominate a teachers, please complete the application process.