The Virginia Middle School Association is taking nominations for outstanding middle school teachers. The criteria set by VMSA includes;
- Enthusiastic about teaching young adolescents
- Currently teaching middle level students in a VMSA-member school
- Serves as an educational leader / role model
- Promotes developmental responsiveness and social equity for all students
- Models effective middle level practices, such as : • Using data to differentiate instruction to meet individual needs • Incorporating a variety of strategies, including active learning • Promoting critical thinking and problem-solving skills • Providing a safe and healthy affective environment • Assessing learning using multiple means • Providing interdisciplinary learning experiences • Building relationships with students and families.
If you would like to nominate a teachers, please complete the application process.
Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School will present a musical performance of Disney's The Little Mermaid, Jr., Performances on Thursday, , and . Showtime is at Tickets can be purchased after in the MEHMS lobby.
The book fair is coming to MEH! If you have an hour or two and would like to help us out, please sign up (http://goo.gl/OifJTP). The book fair is open daily from (). The book fair will also be open an hour before the MEH musical on 2/19 - 2/21. We would especially love to have help during the lunch rush . Hope to see you there! Thank you!
On March 11th and 12th, all 8th graders will take the Writing SOL. Students will take the multiple choice section on March 11th and the short paper on March 12th.