If you read the title of this article, you’re probably shocked.
There are rules? I thought we could go anywhere we wanted within the school property!
Sadly, there are some simple rules which students need to follow who have open campus privileges.
However, during this school year there has been some confusion over what students can and cannot do when they have open campus privileges. Here they are as a reminder:
- No loitering or wandering the halls
- The open study card MUST be carried at all times and displayed during the applicable hours.
- Behavior becoming of a George Mason Student is expected at ALL times.
- Open Study does NOT permit students to leave campus.
- Students must remain in designated Open Study Areas. - Senior Alcoves (if you're a senior) - Library
- During a fire drill, students are to follow the prescribed procedures and check in with a nearby teacher or staff member.
- Failure to comply with these rules can result in revocation of the privileges and re-assignment to a study hall.
Just seven simple rules to follow. Not too hard, right? If you are a senior and you want to gain your senior privilege of going off campus, you can get a form to apply for open campus from the office.
Remember to follow the rules because no one wants their open study to turn into a closed study.
|< Prev||Next >|