School Bus Routes
Jessie Thackrey Preschool Bus Routes
Mount Daniel School Bus Routes
Thomas Jefferson Elementary Bus Routes
Mary Ellen Henderson Middle Bus Routes
George Mason High Bus Routes
Arlington Career Center Bus Routes
Safe bus stops – What can we do to keep out students safe?
Parents can help ensure their children’s safety while waiting for and riding the school bus by doing the following:
Informing the bus driver of any serious medical conditions regarding your child.
Making sure your child is dressed appropriately for weather conditions.
Accompanying your child to the bus stop and teaching your child these bus stop safety rules:
- Be at the bus stop five minutes before expected time.
• Walk and do not run to and from the bus.
- Stand at least ten feet from the road.
- Await your turn to get on the bus. There is no need to push and shove.
- Always obey the bus driver. His or her job is to look out for your safety.
- Move quickly away from the bus.
- Wait for the driver to signal before crossing the street.
- Never crawl underneath a school bus. If you do drop something, tell the driver and he or she will tell you what to do.
Following these simple rules will help you stay safe on and around the bus.
Bus Stop Etiquette:
Many bus stops are in front of your neighbor’s houses, please remember when you are standing at the bus stop that you are not being loud and disruptive; be conscience of their homes and yards, no not leave your trash in their yard or climb their trees.