School Bus Routes
NOTE: All times are approximate and subject to change
Please be at the bus stop 5 minutes before expected time
Jessie Thackrey Preschool
12:30 p.m. Route
Mount Daniel School
Thomas Jefferson Elementary
Mary Ellen Henderson Middle
George Mason High
Arlington Career Center Bus Routes
Bus Stop Etiquette and School Bus Safety Reminders
It is easy for children to get antsy while waiting for the school bus. They're outside with friends and family enthusiastically greeting their friends. Please remind your children that as well-intentioned as they may be, their behavior may be disruptive to others.
School Bus stops are often located in front of your neighbors' houses. Students should not be running around on front yards, playing in the trees or flower beds. And although your bus stop may not be on a busy street, please watch for traffic and cars coming and going in driveways.
Please remind your children to be respectful of your neighbors by keeping their voices down and by staying off private property.
Parents should also make sure their children understand the bus stop safety rules:
- Be at the bus stop five minutes before the bus' expected time.
- Walk, do not run to and from the bus.
- If possible, stand at least ten feet from the road.
- Await your turn to get on the bus. There is no need to push or shove.
- Always obey the bus driver. His or her job is to look out for your safety.
- When getting off the bus, move quickly away from the bus.
- Wait for the driver to signal before crossing the street in front of the bus.
- Never crawl underneath a school bus. If you do drop something, tell the driver and he or she will tell you what to do.
Following these simple rules will help children stay safe on and around the bus. Thank you for your cooperation and helping to keep all of our students safe!