Falls Church City Public Schools
2006 – 2012 Strategic Plan
FCCPS Mission and Values
The Falls Church City Public Schools, in partnership with our families and community,
educates and challenges every student to succeed and become a responsible and
contributing member of the global community.
We value our students and believe that
- decisions of the Falls Church City Public Schools must be based on the needs
- students learn best in a secure environment that includes a rigorous and
challenging curriculum and a climate of high expectations and academic
- measurable and achievable student goals must guide teaching and learning; and
- schools that value diversity and promote lifelong learning and responsible
citizenship provide students with the foundation for success in a global
We value our staff and believe that
- a highly skilled, experienced and dedicated staff is key to effective learning; and
- collegiality, collaboration and teamwork are essential.
We value our independent public education system and believe that
- small classes and small schools are the foundation for academic excellence;
- data must be used for continuous improvement in teaching and learning; and
- the necessary resources must be provided to support student achievement.
We value our partnership with the community and believe that
- our schools must be responsive and accountable to the community; and
- community involvement strengthens our schools.