Tuesday, 15 July 2008 15:43
Sign In/Out Procedures
Every child must be signed-in each morning (if attending Day Care before school) and signed-out each evening by their parent/guardian or authorized adult.
No exceptions can be made to this policy.
Failure to comply with this policy could result in suspension of your child’s enrollment in the program.
Children will not be released to an adult if there is a suspicion that the adult is intoxicated or an unsafe situation exists. In these cases, other persons listed on the Emergency Form will be contacted. If the staff is unable to contact anyone else, the police will be notified.
- The person signing-out the child must be indicated on the child’s Emergency Form as someone authorized to do so.
- If someone other than the parent/guardian is picking-up a child, the parents must give prior notification, specific to that day, even if the person is authorized on the child’s Emergency Form. If prior notice is not provided, the child will not be released.
- If a person unfamiliar to the staff attempts to sign-out a child, identification will be requested. To sign-out the child, the person must be on the child’s emergency form and the staff will have to have been notified that the person is signing-out the child on that particular day.
- If there is confusion regarding a pick-up, the staff will attempt to contact the parents. If the attempts to reach the parents are unsuccessful, the child will not be released.
- An older child must have authorization from the parents and be in eighth grade or above to sign-out a younger sibling.