Tuesday, 15 July 2008 15:36
The safety and accountability of the children are our highest priorities.
All children are supervised at all times.
- The children are organized in teams, with staff assigned to specific teams for roll call and accountability procedures.
- Roll calls are conducted at regular intervals during the day. Head counts are conducted periodically and are maintained within each activity area.
- The children participate in team and mixed group activities. The child-to-staff ratio is about 12:1 and staff maintains accountability at all times.
- Transitions from one activity to another are supervised.
- With parental permission, ASAP children can participate in extracurricular school activities. However, they must check-in at ASAP before attending the activity.
Accountability after major transitions:
- The staff conducts a center-wide roll call and/or head count when large groups move from one location to another.
Accountability for students participating in non-Day Care/ASAP activities:
- Children participating in enrichment activities in other parts of the school will be escorted to and from the class by Day Care staff or the staff of the enrichment class.
- At ASAP, students must check-in before participating in other activities in the school.
- Parents must sign a permission form to allow their children to leave ASAP to attend other classes and activities in the building.